Ever notice how sometimes a fresh coat of paint can revitalize a room in your house, the same thing is true with your website design. It is easy for small businesses to forget about their web site once it is all up and running. Like all your marketing materials, it is important to keep your web site fresh and inviting. A web site redesign is a great way to spark new interest in your website not to mention a great way to show your clients that your business is growing.
Take this 30-second test to see if you should be considering a web site redesign.
Answer True or False to each of these statements about your web site:
- My current web site design is two years old or older.
- I haven’t looked at my website in the last week.
- My web site was designed by a friend or family member.
- My web site is starting to look dated.
- My web site traffic has peaked or tapered off.
- My web site is not generating valuable customer leads.
- My web site sales are slumping.
- My business model has changed my web site doesn’t reflect the change.
- I have not added any new content to my web site in the last month.
- I have promotions or sales on my web site that have expired.
- I often get questions about where to find information that is on my web site.
- My competition’s website looks more professional than mine does.
- Some of the links on my site don’t work anymore.
- My website doesn’t show up on the search engines.
If you answered TRUE to any of these statements, you should probably be considering a web site redesign.